Voices is hiring!
Voices’ Director of Development Michael Brown will be leaving us in September after four years to work at Richmond nonprofit The Doorways. Michael has been a wonderful colleague and outstanding asset to Voices, and we wish him great success in his new position. As a result of his departure, we are currently hiring for a Development Director.
The Development Director is a full-time position at Voices for Virginia’s Children (Voices), an organization whose mission is to champion public policies that improve the lives of Virginia’s children. The Development Director will lead the organization’s major giving efforts from individuals, foundations, and corporations to enable Voices to grow. The position will report directly to the Executive Director and supervise the Development Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Working with the Executive Director, key staff, the Development Committee and Board members, create and implement long range revenue development plan.
- Oversee the identification, research, cultivation, solicitation, acknowledgment, and stewardship of donors at all levels.
- Develop and steward ongoing relationships with major donors.
- Prepare for and personally solicit gifts at all levels, in conjunction with staff and key volunteers.
- Oversee organization, implementation, and execution of all special events.
- Oversee system to track proposals and reports for all foundation and corporate fundraising.
- Supervise and work collaboratively with the Development Manager, who manages data input and reporting from Donor Perfect software and processes gifts.
- Requires occasional evenings, weekends, and travel throughout the state.
- All other duties assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- B.A. and at least five years’ experience in nonprofit fundraising
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational, managerial, and communication skills
- Experience with donor software (Donor Perfect experience a plus)
- Exceptional knowledge of current fundraising trends
- Ability and willingness to work collaboratively and experience working in team environments
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment, meet deadlines, manage competing priorities, and advance multiple projects
- Self-motivated and comfortable meeting people and soliciting gifts
- Commitment to the mission and work of Voices for Virginia’s Children
Competitive salary, flexible work environment. This position is eligible for health, dental, and life insurance and participation in a 403(b) plan with an agency matching contribution.
As an organization that seeks to improve the lives of ALL children, we are committed to the principles of inclusion, diversity, and equity. We work to incorporate these values at several levels:
- We strive to have an inclusive and diverse board and staff.
- We bring multiple, diverse stakeholders to the table on all issues for which we advocate.
- We seek to lift the concerns of those children who are most marginalized or whose voices are rarely heard, including those of diverse racial, ethnic, and socio-economic backgrounds.
- We seek to include those for whom we are advocating in our efforts.
Voices for Virginia’s Children is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter including salary requirements to Nikkia Johnson (email@example.com) by Friday, September 21st. Resumes will not be considered without a cover letter or salary requirements.
No calls. Potential candidates will be contacted for an initial phone interview. Final candidates will be notified for an in-person interview.
Principals only. No recruiters.
Read More Blog Posts