Voices for Virginia’s Children 2019 Election Guide
The 2019 Election Guide is a helpful tool that can be used by organizations and individuals for voter education and advocacy. It features “cheat sheets” that provide talking points, data, and useful information about the issues that affect Virginia’s children — Childhood Trauma, Early Childhood Education, Foster Care, Mental Health, and Economic Security.
Part 1: How to use the 2019 Election Guide, Do’s and Don’ts, Social Media tips
The first component is information about how to use the Election Guide, things to keep in mind, and social media suggestions.
Part 2: One-Page Infographics and Questions for Candidates by Topic
The remaining components are one-page “cheat sheets” with infographics and questions for candidates. Each of these documents features infographics with statistics and a brief introduction related to the issue. The back page includes several questions that can be posed in a variety of interactions with candidates: forums, town halls, fundraising events, and door-to-door campaigning.
Cheat Sheets with Infographics and Questions
- Trauma-Informed VA
- Early Childhood Education
- Foster Care
- Family Economic Security
- Children’s Mental Health
- ALL- Election Cheat Sheets
Resources for Using the Election Guide
- 2019 Users Guide 13 min Webinar – Listen to our webinar for ideas and tips on using the Election Guide as a nonprofit organization or an individual.
- 2019 How-to Guide– Download tips for using the Election Guide.
- 2019 Sample Social Media Posts Help promote talking points and questions for candidates on social media by downloading to include with your posts.
- 2019 Source Guide– Find all the sources for the data and questions included on each cheat sheet.
* To access the entire 2019 Election Guide click here.