To empower the voices and experiences of marginalized communities in acknowledgement of truth to promote healing, reconciliation, and justice. The campaign seeks to advance policies that dismantle systems that perpetuate racial trauma, oppression and inequity.
- To educate Virginians on the impact of cultural, historical, and racial trauma.
- To encourage allies to participate in advocacy and activism to deconstruct systems of oppression.
- To promote equity, inclusion, and justice to combat systematic racism and oppression.
- To tell the truths and the stories of Black Indigenous Communities of Color, including the retelling of history and the experiences of communities of color.
- To promote diversity and inclusion of communities of color, the LGBTQ+ community, individuals on the IDD spectrum, individuals with disabilities, and other oppressed communities.
Voices covers several core policy topics that address the severe effects of systemic oppression and institutional inequity. Our areas of specialty include:
- early childhood education
- family economic security
- foster care and adoption
- health and wellness
- mental health
- trauma-informed care
Due to our multi-faceted nature and through the organization’s unified policy agendas, Voices is poised to produce racial equity impact statements across issue areas to highlight a policy agenda item that centers equity.