We are a talented team motivated by the significance and impact of our work. Voices values its employees, encouraging them to be their authentic selves and works to maintain a flexible and supportive workplace. Through our commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging, along with our values and cultural promises, we create an environment where our team can thrive as it works to support a thriving Virginia.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, & Belonging (DEIB) Statement
We work to create a brave place that empowers others to be their authentic selves. We acknowledge and celebrate the differences within each other.
We recognize that the children and families of Virginia are unique in their backgrounds, beliefs, opportunities, and challenges. We strive to embody and embrace that in our work, believing that our unique identities allow us to create a brighter future for Virginia’s children. Through our efforts, we engage diverse perspectives and inform equitable and just policy solutions that will transform children’s lives and dismantle systems of oppression.
We are a group that learns and grows collectively. We value accountability and hold ourselves and others to high standards of diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging. We also create opportunities for others to join us on this journey.
Values & Cultural Promises
- Accountability: We act ethically and are good stewards of the resources entrusted to us. We hold ourselves and others to a high standard of performance and ethics. We clearly outline expectations of outcomes. We commit to being true to our word and following through on commitments. We accept responsibility for our actions and the effects they have on others and commit to always doing better next time.
- Collaboration: We actively seek opportunities to partner together to reach our goals. We work together through a sustainable pattern of sharing, creating, innovating, and learning. We recognize and utilize each person’s unique skills and viewpoints with the goal of complementing strengths and competencies to maximize our impact. We strive to create a balance of responsibilities, keeping equity at the center of our work.
- Excellence: We strive to be leaders in our areas through holding ourselves to the highest levels of learning and performance. We refuse to take shortcuts at the cost of quality or relationships. We devote ourselves to being trailblazers and disrupting the status quo.
- Honesty: We commit to being upright, candid, and sincere. We will be transparent and admit our mistakes. We will lean into hard conversations for the sake of growth. We choose to be authentic and to show up as our true selves in our conversations and interactions.
- Kindness: We are generous and considerate in our interactions with one another, showing genuine concern for one another. Our eyes are open to the needs of those around us and we are willing to lend a helping hand when needed. We speak and act in empathy, understanding that every person has their own challenges.