Share Your Story- Child Care, Foster Care, Trauma-informed, Health & Mental Health
As we prepare to speak up for kids at the Virginia General Assembly and in Washington we need help from you to share your story or the stories of families that you have helped! Stories are an incredibly effective way to advocate and we want to share as many as possible.
We are looking for stories about:
- How financial assistance for child care or preschool helped parents work and helped to prepare children for success in school.
- The challenges faced by children aging out of the foster care– barriers they face when they don’t have family support or any successes of Fostering Futures.
- How children’s health insurance through Medicaid or FAMIS has provided access to much needed health services for children.
- The treatment options available when children experience mental health crises.
- The challenges faced by children and families in relation to lived experience of trauma, trauma-informed policy and practice, and fostering a sense of resiliency.
If you have a story to share please submit details in the box below. If you wish to be anonymous we will not share your name, but we may contact you for additional details.
Thank you for joining in the movement to speak up for kids!
Read More Blog Posts