Voices is Hiring! Operations Manager
The Operations Manager is a full-time, exempt position at Voices for Virginia’s Children (Voices), an organization whose mission is to champion public policies that improve the lives of Virginia’s children. Under the direct supervision of the CEO, the Operations Manager is responsible for assisting in all administrative functions related to supporting the mission of the organization. The Operations Manager serves as a point of contact and link between employees, internal programs and initiatives, and external parties. They handle administrative duties, analyze and improve organizational processes and policies, and ensure that the office operates smoothly. This position operates within Voices for Virginia’s Children mission, vision, and values, which are incorporated in all aspects of job performance; according to Voices for Virginia’s Children’s policies and procedures and culturally informed best practice standards. The Operations Manager liaises with the organization’s Leadership Team.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists the financial team in management of the organization’s budget including tracking income, expenses and other financial functions. Oversees the external audit. Processes deposits and maintains donor software. Oversees management of the organization’s financial data for the purpose of both internal and external reporting.
- Plans for future capital needs and creates a plan for managing. Manages organization contracts and purchasing. Responsible for management of assets, including facilities and equipment. Manages insurance carrier relationships.
- Seeks ways to increase efficiencies, reduce costs, and implement strategies to benefit the long-term financial health of the organization. Identifies opportunities for staff training.
- Coordinates and supports recruitment and hiring of potential employees. Manages onboarding of new employees. Assists in organization planning and evaluation.
- Assists in the formulation or revision of organization policies, procedures, and manuals.
- Works independently on special assignments, such as compiling and organizing reports and documents, planning special meetings or functions, preparing agendas and presentation materials, and arranging audio-visual support when required.
- Provides general administrative and operational support for the Board of Directors and other Board related committees.
- Works with IT Contractor to manage IT operations including implementing IT strategies, and eliminating security risks and privacy issues. Oversees integration of organization systems. Assists with office administration needs with regards to office machines, safety, operations budget, disaster recovery, etc.
- Independent handling of general office functions (handling mail, ordering supplies, processing and filing paperwork), scheduling for CEO, and acting as a liaison to outside vendors.
- Provides leadership in organizational culture development and implementation. Keeps leadership team informed of area activities and significant problems.
- Other duties as assigned.
- B.A./B.S. preferred with emphasis on business, marketing, public relations, or related field
- 4-5 years’ experience with operations management
- Advanced PC skills and expert proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience in data base management and bookkeeping preferred
- Desire to work as part of a team and willingness to promote the mission, vision, and values of Voices
- Ability to work with minimal supervision – self-motivated and confident
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to inspire, train, motivate, challenge colleagues
- Ability to work well with people from all backgrounds with varying degrees of experience
- Demonstrates flexibility and cooperation in performing job responsibilities
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Salary range is $48,000-$65,000. Flexible work environment. This position is eligible for health, dental, and life insurance and participation in a 403(b) plan with an organization matching contribution.
As an organization that seeks to improve the lives of ALL children, we are committed to the principles of inclusion, diversity, and equity. We work to incorporate these values at several levels:
- We strive to have an inclusive and diverse board and staff.
- We bring multiple, diverse stakeholders to the table on all issues for which we advocate.
- We seek to lift the concerns of those children who are most marginalized or whose voices are rarely heard, including those of diverse racial, ethnic, and socio-economic backgrounds.
- We seek to include those for whom we are advocating in our efforts.
Voices for Virginia’s Children is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Resumes will not be considered without a cover letter. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
No calls. Potential candidates will be contacted for an initial phone interview. Final candidates will be notified for an in-person interview.
Read More Blog Posts